November 20, 2007

eye opening.

the other night riding in the car with chad
we were listening to one our of favorite cd's,
The Rocket Summer. As we were singing our
hearts out and dancing around with the music
blarring, i got tears in my eyes. Why? Why would
that particular song, that band, or the fact that
i was having so much fun bring tears to my eyes?
I then realized how much music is a part of me.
How much i would love for that to be me.
Music, singing, the whole cha-bang.
I don't only just desire it, i have a passion.
a deep engraved passion that ive been born
with and as ive grown up it has matured.
I want to sing to the world.
I want to open my mouth and let my voice pour out.

i have realized that this is a big part of what makes
me...ME.
and however i do it, where ever i do it, i want to
sing my heart out so everyone can hear.

3 comments:

Marsha said...

AHHHH Joy---
Your voice needs to be heard--whether it is in the car, in the church or in an auditorium. You have a talent---go from there--
M

WICK said...

never heard you sing. you should sometime. talk to roy. :)


...maybe there were also tears because the vocalist from Rocket Summer sounds like fingernails on a chalk-board.

hehe

Chadly said...

you know i love it when you sing! :) sing your heart out babe, you have a beautiful voice!