July 13, 2008

New Toy.


For the past couple of years I have been saving the money i earn; either to pay for school or to put it in my funds for a car. Rarely will I actually spend the extra money on myself for clothes or things that I want. I cannot remember the last time I made a big purchase on myself. For birthdays or Christmas I will go all out and spend all my money on others, I love to buy stuff for other people. However when it comes to buying anything for myself I have to think about it and I usually pass the idea up to save my money instead. Well, for about a year now I have been wanting an iPod touch...Chad kept telling me to wait and they will come out with a bigger gb one. So i did, and then they did come out with a bigger one... 32gb for $500!!! I have never in my life spent $500 on myself, let alone $300! There was no way this way going to happen, it was looking as though I would have to wait another year till the prices went down. So of course I was bummed about that whole situation. Then a couple days ago Chad decides that he wants to go to my bank and cash all of our change and one dollar bills that we had saved up. So we went and cashed them it and it turns out it was around $140 or so. So me and Chad always get excited and go on a little shopping spree! We went to best buy, I got a cd and he got a blue-ray dvd. So we had some money left over and we decided to hang out to it, go home and look online at amazon for some more blue-ray dvds. When we got home, we started to look online and picked out a couple movies... we were decided on whether or not to buy them or just to hang onto the money. Then out of the blue Chad types in iPod touch into the search engine on amazon, and they pop up with some links. We click on one that is a good price and it turns out its actually at Target. Chad looks at me and says, "Do you really want that iPod touch?" I looked at him with shock and didn't answer him certainly right away, because I knew he wanted to dvds and I didn't want him to spend all the money on me. Then he asked me again, "Joy, do you really want that iPod touch? because this is a good deal and with this $100 we have left it will only be around $250!" So I thought about it, and kept asking Chad if he was sure that he wanted me to use the money and I kept asking him why? All he said was "because I love you and I love seeing you happy!" So I decided to get it, and we ran to Target and were hoping the whole way there that they would not be out of stock. We got there, and I said "okay, if they do not have what I want it was not meant to be and I will not get it. But if they do, I will buy it." So we walked all the way to the back of the store, turned the corner to the iPod asile, looked down on the bottom shelf, and there it was, ONE left exactly what I wanted. It was meant! So we snagged it and bought it. 16gb iPod touch, orginally $400, at Target for $350 plus Chad's $100 making the grand total, with tax, $270!!! I can say that this is the happiest I have been over something like this in a long time! The iPod touch is the coolest invention ever, seriously... come and play with mine and you'll see! Chad even plays with it more then me! :) lol

All I can say is, I have the most sweetest, wonderful, amazing, and loving boyfriend ever! Thank You Chad Edwin! Thank You so so sooo much! I LOVE You!!!!

1 comment:

WICK said...

i think i just threw up a little in my mouth. hehe

(love you guys. :) )